Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Come ALIVE for Him!

Hey my laydees! It seems that the blog is rather dead these days, so I thought I should make it slightly more alive than it is... Haha.

I haven't heard from you girls for about 5 months? Or at least, it's been long since I last seen you all... ! I do miss you girls sooo! Even though there are much lesser cell sessions this year (or so I heard), I do miss attending cell with you girls, and attending church service together etcetera... All in all, you girls are just so much fun to be with that it's hard not to miss you at all! Heh ;)

It seems like everybody is ultra busy because of work, TGIF, ministry and what not... But I just wanna tell you guys to press on for Jesus! Even though it may be tiring at times with so many things to do for work and God, indeed, your treasures are all stored in Heaven. If you can imagine now the amount of gold, diamonds, mega-huge house (or whatever you love) that are building up now, you can be assured that it's definitely worth it! Not that you guys are greedy about that, of course. I'm just attempting to put across the message that God sees all the hard work you've put in for Him, be it in school or work or ministry, and He is definitely proud of you BIG TIME! :) So, even if you may feel overwhelmed right now, and you may feel discouraged, but know for that your race with God is not going to end until you breathe your last breath. And till then, He will uphold you and be with you throughout the good and the bad. :)

HOW AMAZING OUR GOD IS, AREN'T IT TRUE?

I read Jennie's previous post and I could sense that she was overjoyed when she saw how her members grew in the Lord. What more will God feel when He sees the labour you are putting in for Him now? He is certainly feeling ecstatic and well-pleased with you all now, no matter what you may feel about your current situation! And for YOU THERE that is feeling content in the Lord, don't be! Because the Lord wants you to WANT MORE! He wants MORE AND MORE of you! And as you lay hold of God, He will reveal to you different sides to Himself that you've never known about. As you grow in your knowledge of God, you will grow to become more like Christ, of which I know is what everyone of us desires very much to be like. :)

If only I can simply be like Christ, I thought to myself all the time when I struggle with various situations... If only, if only... I longed to be free of those ugly emotions that surge within me and reach towards my final destination. But God is more interested in the process, or in other words, the journey we will take to reach our final prize. Are you too? Only through the process do we learn anything at all. What is the prize if no sweat or blood has been shed? What form of treasure would it be to you if you received your desired item without working for it? It's the same logic. God wants to give us the blessings He promised unto us, but unless we first seek for it, we won't know that we were actually lacking in that area. Only when we seek shall we find. As it's said, "Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be open unto you."

SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND IT SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU:
That's what He said, didn't He? I often tell myself to do that, and so I do as He asked me to. I sought Him first by reading His word in the first thing in the morning. I obeyed His instructions to pray for somebody when He tells me to. I attempted to put away my anxious thoughts and waited for Him to add it to me without me asking Him to... I tried. But many times, my attempts fail and I question the Lord: "I thought you said that it shall be added unto me when I seek you first? Why then has it not been added unto me? I thought I heard from you that you will bless me... Why are you silent now?" It was then that I realised. I have not truly understood His meaning for His words. When you truly seek Him first above all else, you will 'forget' all that you desire for because you are so blessed soaking in His presence that nothing matters. And then, that's when the adding comes. When you are feeling blessed by His presence, He will bless you with more. You can say that our God is a jealous God. He wants all of us, but He will never tell us so because He allows us to choose as we please. If you choose Him, He will choose you too and He will add unto you the desires of your heart. Because you know best what God desires for you, and He will give it to you.

Honestly, I used to be seriously anxious for a relationship. Even though I still want to be in one, I am no longer anxious. In front of me is a paper that writes of my purpose in LuleƄ. Out of the many I wrote, one stands out from the others:

"TO BE AN INDIVIDUAL THAT WANTS GOD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE"

I am that individual right now (or at least I hope I am) because I told God that unless I learn to first put Him above all else, I can never be satisfied no matter what or who He gives me. I don't want to compromise because of my desires or wants when I know that what He wants for me will be the BEST THING I can ever have. :)

To all my FAVE LAYDEES, continue to trust in Him for that SOMEONE in your life. He heard your prayers and He knows your needs. As the song goes, "IN HIS TIME, IN HIS TIME. HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL, IN HIS TIME."
He will provide for you in His time. This I am sure of.


Signing off,
Elle

No comments: