
couldnt sleep tonight.....with these thoughts on my mind
Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today
Was thinking back on the mini-game we played during our leader's cell group whereby we wrote affirming words for each other on a white paper stuck to our backs.
Many a times I looked at those sheep entrusted to me and wonder how can I help them find breakthroughs in their lives. I definitely can see myself in them. Seeing them struggling with broken self images and measuring their self worth against their achievements or whether or not they have BFs. I know what is it like when words from family, superiors, friends & colleagues "bring me down". I definitely feel their pain ..knowing that I can only offer prayers & advice....it's a valley they have to slide down with GOD alone. See themselves the way God sees them. Love themselves the way God loves them. Then they can truly experience breakthrough.
I am thankful for the journey he had brought me through for in 2 Corinthians 1:4 the lord has comfort me in all my troubles, so that I can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort I have received from God. Occasionally I do feel myself slipping back down the beaten path back to the nerdy, pimply, low confidence girl that I used to see in the mirror.
But words can't bring me down again. You and I we are beautiful no matter what they say. But someone needs your words of affirmation today!
Psalm 45:10-12
Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment